Cork Fabric by Jelinek Cork
Cork Fabric in Harmony.
Cork Fabric in Harmony Dark.
Cork Fabric in Casablanca.
Cork Fabric in Monaco.
Cork fabric, also known as cork leather or cork skin, is a natural product. The cork fabric is produced from
thin sheets of natural cork obtained directly from the bark of the cork oak tree. These thin cork sheets are laminated to a fabric support backing using a specialized proprietary technique. The grade of the backing varies depending on the use of the cork fabric.
The durability of the cork fabric is remarkable. To prevent staining, the cork fabric is protected with a fabric protection spray. In terms of durability, cork fabric wears similiarily to leather which is another reason this cork fabric is ofen called Cork Leather. The main difference between cork leather and regular leather is cork leather can get wet - actually it can be washed using hot water in a washing machine.
Cork fabric is environmentally friendly, hypoallergenic, water resistant and stain resistant.
UNIQUE PROPERTIES OF CORK FABRIC:
- Innovative texture: Both to the physical touch and visually, cork fabric offers a feel like no other. Some compare it to leather but really there is nothing in this world that is comparable. Cork fabric is available in a unique assortment of designs to stimulate every outlook and taste.
- Natural: Obtained directly from the bark of the cork oak tree, having physical and chemical properties that have never been recreated by a man-made process.
- Ecological: The cork oak tree has the ability to regenerate itís bark. This allows for the removal of the bark (the cork) without causing any damage to the tree itself.
- Multiple backing support: A broad range of backings are available; from various textile varieties to paper, cardboard, nylon, and PVC.
- Stable: Itís chemical and physical structure allow for amazing wear resistance. It maintains excellent degradation ratings when exposed to acid and is almost immune to micro-organisms.
- Hypoallergenic: Due to extremely low surface dust absorption, it is immune to micro-organism proliferation such as mites.
- Waterproof: The natural qualities of cork, reinforced by a series of specific treatments in the manufacturing process, allows for cork fabric based products such as umbrellas, raincoats, garments, and fashion accessories.
- Dust and dirt repellent: Through careful coating of the natural surface, the finished product is fully dust, dirt, and grease repellent.
Excellent used as a fabric for: upholstery, clothing, decorative wall paper, labels, box lining book binding and more...
Cork Fabric in Roman Stone.
Cork Fabric in Harmony Green.
Cork Fabric in Utopia Light.